Historical report added to content:
Summary report and assessment of Trade Mission to Abidjan Côte d’Ivoire from 09/06/2017 – 09/14/2017
The Go Africa team arrived prior to the official start of the Trade mission in order to meet and establish relationships with the various Cacao Cooperatives and farmers outside of Abidjan.
Overall the Go Africa Team regards the mission as highly successful. As such we are working toward the launch of Go Africa® Dark Chocolate Covered Cashews in the nationally U.S. sometime in the early November timeframe (see attached draft document).
From 09/06 – 09/10/2017 we met with the following Individuals and Cacao Cooperatives
- Bacanda producers and cooperatives 09/08 – 09/10/2017
- Guy M’Bengue, CEO, APEX-CI
- Sadiku Adjao, firstname.lastname@example.org United Nations Population fund
As a result of meetings with the various cooperatives, Go Africa pledged and delivered and investment of 500.00 USD on 09/11/2017 toward the Bacanda Farmers.
We will continue to work toward the following initiatives over an evolving timeframe:
- Partnership agreement with the Bacanda cooperative
- Securing the Exporter license and the structure involved in making such an arrangement work
- Support for health & education for the cooperatives and producers which would be included in the partnership agreement (we are looking to time this in the Jan/Feb 2018 timeframe)
From 09/11 – 09/14 we met with the following individuals and entities as part of the official trade mission
- Severin Kassarate, consultant, African Development bank
- Gerard Amangoua, Deputy CEO, APEX CI
- Glady Anoh, Strategic partnership Manager, APEX-CI
- Kaldji Fadiga PhD, General Manager of International Trade, Ministry of Commerce & promotion.
All action items has been captured above and attached.