- Self -Made leader, well established in the African Ecosystem of thought leaders
- 20 years of experience in health and providing provisional technical assistance to governments, municipalities, NGOs and United Nation agencies.
- Received his Medical Doctorate National University of Cote d’Ivoire, master’s in public health and nutrition from London School of Hygiene and tropical Medicine (University of London)
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Public Health (United Kingdom) a physician from the and has
- Fluent in English and French, conversational and writing ability in Arabic
Dr. Cheikh Traore is a bi-national of Nigeria and Mauritania. He finished high school at 17 in Mauritania, then ventured to Senega for studies at Cheikh Anta Diop University for 4 years. He then moved to Abidjan, Cote d Ivoire to complete his medical studies in 1996.
After a short career as a general medical practitioner in Lagos Bigeria, he moved to London for his post graduate studies in nutrition and public health. He lived in London for several years where he served as a health policy adviser for the Mayor of London during seven years In London he was an active member of African civil society groups in the UK for several years .
After a 3-year position at the United Nations Development Programme in New York he moved back to Nigeria to set up a health consulting practice and support his family’s hospitality business.
Since 2015. he has been actively supporting the establishment of GOAE Trading Limited in Nigeria.